Why is a simple woodland burial different from conventional funerals?
- A simple burial is without unnecessary expense and fuss using renewable and biodegradable materials.
- No embalming is carried out.
Are there other resources where I can get more information on the choices available to me?
- The Natural Death Centre provides independent advice on funerals. You can visit their website www.naturaldeath.org.uk
or call the helpline on 01962 712 690.
Where can I find information on what I need to do when someone dies?
- The government has a good 'What to do after a Death' checklist www.gov.uk/after-a-death
How to create a meaningful and personal ceremony?
- www.thegoodfuneralguide.co.uk is an excellent objective resource with helpful information on how to create a meaningful ceremony.
Are there services to help with bereavement?
- Cruse Bereavement Care provides telephone and face-to-face support. You can talk to a trained volunteer by calling the helpline on 0844 477 9400 between 9.30am and 5pm, Monday to Friday.
Please feel free to telephone us with any other questions you may have.
Testimonials & Reviews
It is our privilege to be involved with the families who we assist, here are a few of their words...
We wanted to have a simple dignified funeral for my atheist father. Tracy was knowledgeable, helpful and kind. She was a discrete but lovely presence, making sure things happened with quiet confidence and total efficiency. She listened to what we wanted, made helpful suggestions of options without ever trying to influence our choices. She gave us confidence in our choices and made it all happen from big issues to the smallest detail. Everyone who met her, family and friends, liked her too! Thanks Tracy!
NG - Cambridge
Thank you so much for helping to make my mum (and dad's) funeral as lovely as it could be. We really appreciated your help. Everyone who came said it was a really lovely event in a funny way!
J&A - Cambridge
Thank you for everything you did. We are grateful to you for the kindness and consideration you showed us, a very caring and professional people-centred undertaker service.
GP - Cambridge
Thank you for everything you did for me. I hope your business grows because you have some lovely ideas about making a difficult time more easy.
Mrs G Cambridge
...I also thank you for your kindness, your patience, your warmth, your firmness in helping me get through the hardest time of my life. Thank you for helping me feel that together we organised the departure my mum deserved and I think she would have liked, so warm and dignified.
Mrs G Newmarket