Funerals with or without ceremony
A traditional religious service is appropriate for some people. For others, a totally non-religious ceremony, or 'semi-religious' service is more apt. Some families/friends conduct all parts of a ceremony themselves or there are celebrants who can help you. You may want no service at all. The choice is yours.
There are a whole variety of reasons why someone might choose to have no funeral ceremony. Sometimes it is the express wish of the person who has passed away that no-one should attend their funeral for whom simplicity is the preferred option. Sometimes the geography of the situation dictates, and sometimes it is just that there is a much more significant way of saying goodbye.
Full Inclusive Cremation Funeral £2,999
Please telephone for more information on these services.
Everything you need for a fully inclusive uncomplicated cremation funeral.
Direct Cremation Service £1,400
A “Direct Cremation” is a fully inclusive cremation service separating the cremation from the funeral ceremony so a memorial or celebration of life can be held however and whenever you choose.
Woodland Wishes will organise and attend the cremation for you before the cremated remains “ashes” are returned to you.
What is included:
- Collecting the deceased from home, hospice or hospital within a 20 mile radius (further by request).
- Care of the deceased at our funeral home. We do not embalm, the body is left in its natural state.
- Transfer into an earth friendly cardboard coffin.
- Doctors fees & Cambridge Crematorium fees.
- Meeting with you to complete and collect the following paperwork once the death has been registered.
Certificate for Burial or Cremation: Provided by the registrar when you register the death.
Cremation 1: Application to the crematorium for the cremation.
Cremation 4 and Cremation 5: Two certificates to be signed by two separate doctors confirming the cause of death.
Notice of Cremation: Details of the cremation and what you want to do with the ashes.
(In some cases where the coroner is involved, Cremation 4, 5, and the Certificate for Burial or Cremation are replaced by forms provided by the coroner).
- Collation and submission of legal paperwork from third parties to the Crematorium.
- Funeral vehicles on the day of the cremation to transport the deceased.
- Sufficient staff and Funeral Director on the day.
- Return of the ashes to you on request in a cardboard urn provided by the crematorium unless an alternative urn is requested at an additional fee.
This service does not include:
- Out of hours collection of the deceased where an additional fee will be incurred. Collection of the body out of hours: Our standard collection hours are 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday. If collection of the body is urgent and required out of hours (including weekends and bank holidays) an additional charge of £180 will apply.
- Dressing of the deceased.
- Viewing of the deceased.
Please telephone Tracy O’Leary to discuss your bespoke pricing on 01223 880002 or email email@example.com
All our services can be tailor made for a totally bespoke funeral, please contact us to talk through your wishes.
We request that the full cost of the funeral is paid within three days of making the arrangements, by cleared cheque, BACS transfer or cash.